Welcome to the UK Centre for Professional Qualifications’ Certificate of Experience homepage.
The Certificate of Experience supports professionals with UK work experience to practise their trade in the European Union.
The Certificate of Experience service is run by the ECCTIS Ltd's UK Centre for Professional Qualifications, which is designated to provide support for recognition of professional qualifications in the UK on behalf of the Department for Business and Trade.
Following the UK's departure from the European Union, please email [email protected] before making an application so that we can advise you whether to proceed.
You can download the application form here.
Submit your application form here.
Please contact us if you need advice regarding a past or ongoing application, or a reprint.
To be eligible to apply for a Certificate of Experience the following minimum criteria should be met:
- Be a holder of a passport from: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or the United Kingdom (n.b.: The Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are excluded).
- Have experience gained in the United Kingdom. (We do not verify work experience from another Member State or outside the EEA.)
- Have either a combination of a number of years work experience and relevant qualification(s) or a specified number of years work experience. (Please note there are specific regulations covering each field of work so a precise assessment of eligibility will be made based on your application.)
Please contact the Certificate of Experience team at [email protected] before making an application. The team will then provide you with further information on the application process.
The European Directive outlines the requirements and usage of the Certificate of Experience.
Terms and Conditions
All Certificate of Experience applications are conducted in the same manner to ensure that each is treated as fairly and efficiently as possible. Each application follows the following procedure:
1. Papers submitted are analysed by the Certificate of Experience Department which determines whether correct documentation has been provided
2. Applications are evaluated in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Department for Business and Trade
3. Verification of all responses is conducted by senior members of staff
4. Completed Certificates are sent to applicants
The fee of £107.04 is chargeable for the Certificate of Experience and includes VAT. VAT is payable for UK residents.
The fee is an administration fee.
The service is non-refundable in the event of an error on the part on the applicant. Please ensure that the correct documentation is supplied.
The Certificate of Experience team will not process an application using a credit or debit card if this is rejected by ECCTIS Ltd (UK ENIC) banking facility.
The Certificate of Experience team will not refund fees in the event that in the process of assessment the Assistance Centre deems information received to be offensive or inappropriate or in its absolute discretion it believes to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery.
For payments via the Internet, provided no documentation has been forwarded to the Certificate of Experience team refunds may be granted if requested within 7 days of payment. Please note an administration charge will apply in all cases.
A fee of £25 is charged for the provision of a replacement Certificate of Experience.
All Certificate of Experience team evaluations are subject to the following standards of service:
1. On receipt of all necessary documentary evidence, the Certificate of Experience team will complete an application within 10-15 working days of arrival in the offices of the Assistance Centre. However, this period is not guaranteed in some cases, such as those requiring additional, in depth research, the applicant will be informed.
2. The applicant shall bear sole responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the applicant’s details supplied to the Certificate of Experience team.
3. The Certificate of Experience team will not take responsibility for original documents and cannot be held responsible for loss of paperwork in the post. In order to process an application, the Certificate of Experience team requires photocopies of original certificates, photocopies of certified translations and photocopies of transcripts. In line with the Data Protection Act 2018 (UK GDPR), all documents will be destroyed three months after completion, using a shredder to protect the identity of the applicant.
4. The Certificate of Experience team may refuse to process or post the whole or any part of the applicant’s details if the Certificate of Experience team deems those details to be offensive or inappropriate or in its absolute discretion it believes those details to be inaccurate, untrue or a forgery.
5. The Certificate of Experience team will take all reasonable steps to ensure provision of a high-quality service but will not guarantee that the provision of the service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
6. The Certificate of Experience team cannot guarantee to supply the service subject to the effects of the failure or interruption of services provided by third parties.
7. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Personal data provided to the Certificate of Experience team will not be passed on to third parties, without the express written permission of the applicant, and will only be used by the Certificate of Experience team to provide the applicant with information about their application and other services provided by the Certificate of Experience team that may be relevant to the applicant
The applicant may ask the Certificate of Experience team whether the Certificate of Experience team is storing personal information about the applicant by emailing the Certificate of Experience team at [email protected] and, if required, the Certificate of Experience team will provide the applicant with a copy of the personal data held in the form of an email. The Certificate of Experience team may ask for proof of an applicant's identity before providing any information and reserves the right to refuse to provide information requested if identity is not established.
Please contact the Certificate of Experience Team on the below listed contact details if you have any further queries.
Certificate of Experience
68-70 Suffolk Road
Glos GL50 2ED
Tel: +44 (0)1242 258 608
Email: [email protected]